BBB4M International Business
International Business Fundamentals
University / College Prep.
Ministry of Education Course Title: Business Studies, Grade 12, University /College Preparation
Course Code: BBB4M
Grade Level: 12
This course provides an overview of the importance of international business and trade in the global economy and explores the factors that influence success in international markets. Students will learn about the techniques and strategies associated with marketing, distribution, and managing international business effectively.This course prepares students for postsecondary programs in business, including international business, marketing, and management.
Total Time: 110 hours
Unit 1 Business, Trade, and the Economy
- demonstrate an understanding of terminology, concepts, and basic business communication practices related to international business;
- analyse the impact of international business activity on Canada’s economy;
- demonstrate an understanding of how international business and economic activities increase the interdependence of nations.
Unit 2 The Global Environment for Business
- analyse ways in which Canadian businesses have been affected by globalization;
- demonstrate an understanding of the factors that influence a country’s ability to participate in international business;
- assess the effects of current trends in global business activity and economic conditions.
Unit 3 Factors Influencing Success in International Markets
- analyse the ways in which cultural factors influence international business methods and operations;
- assess the ways in which political, economic, and geographic factors influence international business methods and operations;
- identify and describe common mistakes made by businesses in international markets;
- evaluate the factors currently affecting the international competitiveness of Canadian businesses.
Unit 4 Marketing Challenges and Approaches, and Distribution
- assess the challenges facing a business that wants to market a product internationally;
- compare the approaches taken by various companies to market their products internationally;
- demonstrate an understanding of the logistics of, and challenges associated with, distribution to local, national, and international markets.
Unit 5 Working in International Markets
- analyse the ways in which ethical considerations affect international business decisions;
- assess the working environment in international markets;
- demonstrate an understanding of the process for crossing international borders as it relates to international business.