Ontario Secondary School Diploma OSSD


Ontario Education System

The diversified and well-designed Ontario secondary curriculum system enjoys an outstanding reputation amongst academic professional. The Ontario Secondary School Diploma is highly recognized throughout the world especially in the common wealth countries and regions.

Students earn one credit if they satisfy the requirements to complete one subject/course. Students must earn a minimum of 30 credits in four years for graduation including 18 compulsory credits and 12 elective credits. Each credit requires the course to be scheduled for a minimum 110 hours. The passing line for each course is 50 points. The final grade of each course accounts for 30% and the routine performance during the course accounts for the rest 70%.

Grades and credits can be transferred from student’s home country to the Ontario Secondary School according to a student’s previous learning experience and the Ontario conversion policies. After the transferred grades and credits are decided by the principal of the Ontario school, students can directly enroll in the corresponding grade level in Canada.


Credit Transfer Policy

OIA strictly follows the Ministry of Ontario’s credit transfer policy of secondary education for international students and will assess the students’ academic records or transcripts accordingly. OIA will compare the content and difficulty level of courses students have taken in their original countries with curriculum in Canada to evaluate the credit eligible to be transferred.

For more information about credit transfer, please contact: info@outstandingedu.com

Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) Requirements

To earn an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), students are required to meet three conditions:

Follow Our Official WeChat for More Information !

Scan the QR code ►