Outstanding International Academy is seeking an experienced, well connected, organized and Bilingual (English/Mandarin) International student recruiter, in Toronto, ON to join our growing team and take our company and platform to the next level!
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Student Advising
- advises international students in issues related to application, admission, program and course selection, registration, transfer, and graduation procedure of OIA;
- creates, updates and safe-keeps the international student files;
- advises and assists students in external policies and procedures in regard to essential issues related to international students, including Citizenship and Immigration Canada (Study Permits, Temporary Resident Visas, Work Permits), Canadian diplomatic missions in Canada, private and public medical insurance plans;
- advises and assists domestic students in seeking international program and project opportunities.
- International Student Recruitment
- recruits international students under the supervision of the Manager (or their designate);
- makes recommendations to the Manager (or their designate) in implementing contracts with student recruitment agents;
- makes recommendations to the Manager (or their designate) in developing and implementing a student recruitment strategy for a specific market or markets;
- represents Outstanding International Academy, in Canada or abroad, at study abroad fairs or foreign institutions, including making presentations to international students and/or counselors.
- Student Support
- provides support to international and domestic students in all issues related to International Education opportunities at OIA;
- coordinates and/or provides various types of orientation programs for international students on a regular basis, including social, cultural, safety-related, academic and college and university system-related information;
- monitors progress of international students and provides ongoing support, referring students for professional assistance, when appropriate;
- Linkage Programs and Contracts
- makes recommendations to the Manager of OIA in implementing institutional linkage programs;
- coordinates institutional linkage programs and projects with appropriate department(s) of OIA under the supervision of the Manager of OIA (or their designate);
- coordinates administrative functions of the enrolment of international students into OIA’s programs, including communicating with representatives of foreign institutions and study abroad agents; calculates, tracks and issues commission payments to study abroad agents for referrals.
- Other duties
- processes a variety of correspondence, reports, and other documents, based on established procedures;
- prepares and updates information and statistics of the Centre for reports or materials required for internal and/or external purposes;
- carries out other related duties as assigned by the Manager.
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to manage stress and thrive in often demanding situations
- Proven self-starter and problem solver
- Must be deadline driven and goal-oriented
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Willing to travel, Willing to travel internationally
- MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word
Cellular phone, Laptop
Canada Outstanding International Education Group Ltd.
7191 Yonge St., Unit 901,902,903,907
Thornhill, ON L3T 0C4
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Academic advisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Mandarin (Preferred)
To apply, please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter.